Sunday, May 18, 2008

Low

Saturday.

My youngest uncle ( referred as Ku Ku, in Hokkien meaning the youngest) and his wife-to-be, Aunt Winnie, got engaged in traditional Hokkien procedures. My uncle had to buy roasted pork & hand over his dowry to the bride's father as a sign of respect & sort of a permission to marry his daughter.



Mum & I were eager to spectate this because this tradition is fast depleting and since he was hosting one, we decided to follow. After the handing over of the dowry, they pay respects to the bride's deceased family members, asking them to bless their union & to feast with them at the table.



Honestly I'm no fan of the traditional food so I ate really little. But we did get some Hokkien sweets which are rarely found and costed Aunt Winnie's dad a bomb to have it made. We proceeded to Cheras to send the engagement gifts over to close relaives before going home.



Oh, and the camera died on us, mainly my fault because it fell onto the floor and now, it could be said to be in critical condition (camera's term : repair).


:(






In the evening, I took a ride to OU to have the camera checked. Could cost us the price of a new camera if we were to repair it, but we decided to give it a shot and decide on keeping it later.

Went home for a short rest, then Dad & Mum headed over to the neighbour's palce for some potluck while I stayed in because Wind Chill was showing.


What an utter disappointment though! I thought I would be seeing more scares & hair raising encounters but for the full hour of the movie, it was about Emily Blunt + The leading male actor sarcastically yelling at each other because of the route taken and how he's not from Delaware & who should stay in the car & what to do next.


I gave up in the middle and decided to join my parents.

Apparently, this potluck thing is the third time this year!


I got this Desperate Housewives-sort-of-vibe when I was there. Its all about the secrets about our neighbourhood, and some very interesting & locally famous people living right opposite the row of houses from mine. Seriously, I had no idea! The whole potluck was at such, that the ladies were gossiping in the dining hall, while the men were at the living hall with the liquor. Of course, Dad didn't touch a single drop of it. I wouldn't mind joining in the next one :)


Sunday


Church on a very gloomy Sunday morning. What's more, the drivers on the road are really inconsiderate, trying to play a fool with me since I'm on P. And there was an exceptionally large crowd at today's service. Breakfast was at Taman Tun before returning home.


Got my sister up, and us ladies had our girls session today. First, Cheh had her haircut, which really changed her look. Instead of the flattened straight hair, she has the puffed up smooth look. And knowing my sister who is EXTREMELY picky about her hair, she just went on and on about how good it looked while we were shopping at OU.


I got myself a pair of skinny jeans which didn't cost me alot :D ahhh,extremely satisfied that my mission was accomplished. Sister had no luck finding her dress for the wedding, while Mum had a good deal of tops today. She's always lucky on our trips. Dinner was pretty late at Canton-i.

Bloated, thats all I feel.


A very good Sunday indeeed :) bt I shall not shop anymore. :)


*


Korkorrrr. :(

whyohwhy can't you come home next week?I've missed your seriously nutty crankiness.
please come homeeee, then I can drive you around and show you my better-than-your-driving skills and let you watch my own version of cooking shows and show you how bored I've been for the past two months.

muchlove*.

No comments: