Friday, October 5, 2007

Under The Bridge


Helloooooo Lilian. :)

My brother got a few friends over for pizza and stuff like that. A small party . :)
I can still hear them, and they're watching Chuck & Larry, while my sister and I were cooped up watching '1408'. It was scary for me, but the ending was a tad sucky. Shall post the review.


*

Birthday wishlist? Haha. Nah, no wishlists because I know what you're up to. (;
Okay, maybe I can just state a few things here.

How did I get this wishlist to come about?

In Season 7 of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Rachel Greene always had this birthday wishlist and that you must only follow that list if you wanted to get presents.

Rachel : Oh, a scooter!
Ross to Tag : Stick to the list. Always stick to the list.

But, in my case. You do not have to stick to the list. Its just one of my many little doodles, if you may.

Sabrina's Wishlist.

  • The ever obvious, straight A1s for SPM.
  • At least, the Sabah or Sarawak camo for NS
    ( I cant hope to be deferred anymore, can I? So, this little hope for me.)
  • A year end trip with my darlings. ( All 11 of you who sat around me for two years )
  • To be able to still have my friendship with everyone I know.

Haha. Nope, no materialistic shower there.That one, is only AFTER my birthday.Nyehehe. :)

*

1408.


"The Dolphin Hotel invites you to stay in any of its stunning rooms. Except one."

Plot :

John Cusack plays this very ominious writer , Mike Enslin who write horror novels after his daughter's tragic death. He has stated in this movie that he doesn't believe in the supernatural. But, the general manager , Mr Gerald Enslin, tried persuading him that the room is evil and no one lasts for an hour in that room. However, Mike's persuasion and demands leave him to give the key to Mike.

"Its an evil ****ing room"

So, unlike any scary hotel rooms, he enters the room and its all mediocre. Just like any hotel room. And the specifics here, he is always talking in to his voice recorder.
The first scene to scare the wits outta him is the digital clock-turn-radio comes on by itself, playing an old classic The Carpenters We've Only Just Begun. And lst me just show you the lyrics :

We've only just begun to live
White lace and promise
A kiss for luck and we're on our way(We've only begun)
Before the risin' sun, we fly
So many roads to choose
We'll start out walkin' and learn to run
And yes, we've just begun

I AM TELLING YOU. THE LYRICS IS JUST RELATED TO THE EXACT MEANING OF THE MOVIE.

I'm not joking. When you watch it, you would agree.

So from then on, he starts hallucinating, seeing other previous renters of the room, fall to their deaths , kill themselves in the shower.

Wanna know why?

Cause you just cannot, and i mean, cannot get out of that room.
Its either the key breaks, or the lock gets jammed.

And. Why did Mr Gerald say, an hour?

After a few scary scenes, when he uses the UV light to trace the blood stains, he wants to settle in for bed, and the radio turns on by itself again. He pulls the chord, and the number which comes on?

60:00

After that, it starts counting down.

Believe me. Just go and watch the movie. I may have leaked in a few things here and there,but the rest is up to your discretion to watch. Though, the ending (for the reshot version) is sucky, but quite a plot to the story.

The original ending (which is only seen in trailers, but not used in the movie worldwide)to me, is the better ending. But, I ain't gonna spill it out here. You go watch it. I think its a good thumbs up and its mostly a one man show. John Cusack was terrific in this movie. :)

*

*. Much Love

No comments: