Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wish I Could

Backtrack.

23rd May : Tan Family Dinner.

Its the final day of being a bachelor for my uncle YH. But, to my utter surprise, he wasn't sad at all. His smile was plastered on is face the whole night, he must be simply excited to be married.
Dad didn't join us since he had work piling up, so Grams,Cheh,Mum & I carpooled with my granduncle to his place. He donned his car in lovely shades of purple ribbons, I just wished he would keep it there on the car.
While waiting for the rest to come, Cheh and I went jakunning around the house, snapping pictures (It was Cheh's first time). Needless to say, we ADORED the house, especially with the wall colours & the walkin wardrobe. We even took a nice stroll around the neighbourhood.

Damn, do these people have a lot of cha-ching.
One house with a Lotus Elise & a Porcshe 911?
O.M.G.

So, everyone started arriving and the feast begun. Its just like a CNY reunion dinner, but we were all hyped up for the big event the next day. We left at about 11.


FOOD.


Our Sexy Ah Kong, always shirtless.
And always calling us "Bodohbodoh".



He missed my brother alot.




Man of the hour.
See that smile?


The.Whole.Night.Long.






My favourite room in the house, the music room.
With Norah Jones playing in the background.:)



Cousinnn Derrick & I.:)



24th May : Wedding Bells.


Dad woke us up at a very dark 6.30am and with half eyes closed literally, I dragged myself up to bathe. Cheh woke up after I was done. I spent an hour fiddling around with my hair. Finally, Mum decided to use the flower on on me. There was a perfectly good reason for it.


See, alot of people haven't seen us in a while. So they end up confusing me with Cheh, meaning, ME BEING OLDER. So, the flower seems like "innocence", perfect to show that I'm the youngest. And, my hair was too thick & I didn't want to be fiddling with my hair during the entire ceremony.

So, the uncles gathered at our place and we left with Dad being the road leader. Three cars eventually lost their way when we were already in Kajang, so Dad and Uncle YT decided to search for them.

Ahh, memories of the Holy Family Church in Kajang. :) just so you know, this was the church I went to when I was in NS on Sundays. At the very last week of the programme, they treated us to a scrumptious meal. Mmhmm.

Anyhoo, everyone was at church and the groom's entourage with the bride's were present.
We had to sit at the front row because Mum + Dad were the witnesses to the marriage.
I loved the ceremony, short and sweet. And my uncle gave a her a small peck & a BIG hug when he lifted up the veil.

He thought that the Kissing-the-Bride moment were only in movies.
Seriously.


Anyway, finally, Ah Ma's youngest son is married legally. :D
It was snapsnapsnap time. The professional photographer,Jon, was seriously running all around gathering families & friends to be in the picture. Aunt Winnie looked soo gorgeous! Normally, she's very laid back so this was a big change when she wore her lovely dress and killer heels.

His Bestman came all the way from Shanghai .

The Family Picture, minus KorKor :(

Dad suggested to take a family portrait in the studio when he comes back.
:)

Exchange of rings.

Ecstatic newlyweds. Lovelay.



After that, the groom's entourage + the bride went back to my uncle's house for some "house-entering" tradition (she has to enter the house right after 1pm ) while AhKong + us proceeded to the hotel. Since Cheh & I had to help out later, we got to eat first.

Honestly, the spread was very small for hi-tea and not very good either. Wouldn't recommend it.

Anyhoo, after eating and resting, the both of us had to be at the registration booth. Aunt Winnie's sister, also the wedding planner, had these lil heart shape papers for people to write messages for the newlyweds and hung them on a lil cherry blossom tree. Adorable!

We saw relatives we haven't seen in a long while, and of course, the family bonds.
The whole afternoon was simple, but definitely wonderful because of the company and the families from both sides simply bonding together. Perfect :)

Cheh & I at the booth.
I'm beginning to love her dress.

Small fraction of the Extended side of the Tans.

My cutesie lil Devil, Ryannnn! :D
He's only shy for 5 minutes.

His self procllaimed girlfriend.


Effects of waking up at 6.30 am.

One thing about the Louis sisters - VAIN.


After cleaning up a lil, the groom's side of the family proceeded to the house for the tea ceremony. Being the youngest, he had to serve tea to so many family members. Hee, funnay I tell you. He never imagined doing it, honestly.


HAHA. Dad and the tea ceremony. ;)
His first time.


There are way too many pictures, and I dont want to upload all of them. I'm waiting for the studio shots and the professional's pictures. But all in all, the wedding was just perfect.
And of course, my thoughts of well wishes & a blessed journey ahead goes to my favourite uncle + aunt. :)

muchlove.

No comments: